I read something yesterday that said the 6,000-12,000 tulips at Churchill Downs will be blooming a week or more early so the Derby goers will not be able to see them blooming on Derby Day Everything seems to be blooming early and I hear the lawn mowers and smell the mulch. I feel like I need to get my mower out and get to work. Here are a list of things I’d like to get accomplished this Spring/Summer. Do you have a similar list?
- Plant small herb/vegetable garden (get plants (seedlings) from Good Foods Co-Op or Chevy Chase Hardware;
- Clean front porch and touch up paint on furniture;
- Clean pillows and place on porch;
- Re-pot plants and put in decorative planters on porch;
- Get more plants – Go to Pemberton’s Greenhouse (secret to great, healthy plants);
- Get two more wood pallets and make composting bin for back yard;
- Clean out garage – get hooks to organize things up high and get rid of unused items;
- Paint cabinets in bathrooms. I have three and plan to paint them this summer. Choose Anthropologie knobs and pulls to accent.