My four and a half-year old daughter is one in a million. She is like no other. She has comedic timing and she’s not yet 5. I can’t help but get excited how things will go when she begins Kindergarten this Fall. There are so many amusing and wonderful things she does I need to write them down more diligently. Here are 10 things she says or does that make me smile.
- “Mom, will you go get my doctor bag?” I say “Why am I the one getting your doctor bag?” and she explains “That’s what assistants do.”
- She prays real prayers that come from her heart at bedtime. How super sweet!
- She makes even non-smiling people smile. No matter where we are – she touches hearts.
- She’s not afraid of the Easter Bunny. When we went to see him yesterday they were not busy so Lucy kept going over and sitting next to him. At one point they were sitting in front of the fan together. She couldn’t get enough. All said and done she hung out with the rabbit four times.
- She loves to read and is reading Junie B. Jones books nonstop. If you can’t find her she’s hiding somewhere reading one of those books or is using her flashlight to read while in bed.
- She tells me and my husband what we are doing wrong on the iPad and she’s usually right.
- I’ve never seen anyone so small eat such a large baguette!
- Our 15-year-old was getting ready to go on Spring Break and we are telling her what to do, etc, Lucy looks straight up at her and tells her “you need to get along better with Dad. He loves you.”
- Someone asks Lucy if she wants a cupcake. Lucy says, “Did Mom bake it?” “I can’t eat it if Mom didn’t bake it because I will throw up.”
- As mentioned above; she loves to read. She reads everything now, signs, menus, etc. We went into a bookstore today and she kept saying there was a kid’s book reading at this bookstore at 11 this Saturday. I kept telling her it’s not at this place but another bookstore. As we left she pointed out a sandwich board out front that mentioned their first book reading this Saturday. Very observant of her. Me – not so much.
Do you have any great stories to share?